Prayer Focus 11/09/2022 - 17/09/2022
September 11— Australia
Our potential Indigenous Outreach partners, Peter and Katie, are traveling to the remote Northern Territory to visit Elcho Island this month. Their contact there, Uncle Maratja, is very happy to receive DPM resources for the Indigenous community. (He was a part of the 1979 Elcho Island revival where the Aboriginal people took the fire of God across northern and western Australia. Expressions of that revival continued until the early 1990s.) Pray for God’s blessing and favour on this special outreach.
Two pastors’ seminars will be held, one on September 15 and another in the middle of October in south-west Cambodia. Pray for God’s protection as Huy and the DPM team travel and for God’s anointing as they share the Word of God through Derek’s teaching (Complete Salvation, Applying the Blood, By Grace Alone and The Grace of Yielding).
- Director Huy and his team made a second trip to a north-east province to hold a pastors’ seminar. The main teaching was from By Grace Alone. Discussion groups gave the pastors more revelation, and even the DPM team saw anew what Jesus did on the cross.
- Another pastors’ seminar was also held in a north-west province where the number of church leaders attending exceeded their expectations. Topics included Father God, Applying the Blood and By Grace Alone, and they all received books. Everyone was very blessed, loved to learn and fellowship, and didn’t want it to end!
- Our Thai coordinators (from New Zealand) are in Thailand this month and in October to meet with contacts and to publicise DPM and available Thai material.
- Pray for the Lord to lead them to the right person who would want to assume leadership of the work of DPM in this area in the future.
- Pray for them to know what material is most relevant to believers here and the formats, including social media, that will work best.
We are responding to a specific request for 2000 copies of the USBs loaded with Derek’s teaching in Chinese. Pray that this request and others like it for books and USBs will be protected and blessed by the Lord in the difficult areas of production and distribution.
Testimonies – China
The China IT team continues to have the Lord’s protection over the WeChat platform and the websites for mainland China. Praise God. Here are some of the responses we received:
- “I am using Derek Prince WeChat posts to share the Gospel in my hospital. Many patients like them and want to believe in the Lord. Hallelujah.” (a hospital nurse)
- “I downloaded every WeChat post of yours and share them with my church members and friends. We really get great help from them.”
Pray for God’s continued protection and wisdom for Director Gopaljee, his wife Ganga, and their book distributors as they continue to translate, print, and distribute thousands of Derek’s books throughout this nation.
DPM coordinators, Pastor 'D' in the city of Da Nang and Pastor 'A' in Ho Chi Minh City, along with their co-workers, deal with religious restrictions. Pastor 'D' wants to hold church services legally and use Derek’s teaching. Pray for their protection, favour with the local government, and freedom to preach the Gospel.
- Pastor 'D' visited a tribal group and taught 25 church leaders and others on The Power of the Sacrifice and the Self-Study Bible Course. He also baptised six new believers and distributed Derek’s books.
- Pastor 'A' and her team distributed 50 food packs and the book Extravagant Love to construction workers. Pray that this book and the love shown to them will draw many to salvation.
“The Self-Study Bible Course has been a great blessing for me and my church. This is a wonderful tool for discipleship. We use it to teach in our home groups and for training new believers, and I have come to know the truth of the Bible. Other books by Derek Prince also helped me a lot. Thank you for supporting my ministry; it helps me to go out more often to reach more people for Jesus.”
Our Laos coordinators (from New Zealand) are visiting the very 'closed' nation of Laos in September/October to meet with their contacts and share Derek’s teaching in churches and home groups. They will also publicise the new Lao booklets and proclamation cards and the new Lao-language website.
- Pray for a clear understanding of the needs of the people and churches so the Lord can use them more strategically.
- Pray for unhindered travel around Laos, given there is a petrol shortage.
- Pray for many people to visit the new Lao webpage (www.derekprince.com/lao/) and find many free resources.